Saturday, February 21, 2009

Costume Party

Why would you have a costume party on Valentine's day?
I have no idea.
But we did anyway.
It was fun.
Guess what I dressed up as...





That's right!
A blue mushroom.

My happy new umbrella helped amazingly.

Roommate M dressed as static cling, while her sister and brother-in-law came as complex conjugates. (Those are some really neat and funky math things)
The party was expanded by the addition of truck driver and a fearsome pirate who kept threatening to chop me up for dinner with his actual knife because he liked mushrooms. And with the pirate came some random hitchhiker guy. A skier and a sheeted fellow completed the cast.

We ate cheesecake (this was the setting for the cayenne pepper cheesecake). And we played games.
And took many many pictures.

I like costume parties.
I hope to have another one someday.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I am most curious as to how someone could dress up as a complex conjugate. A "sqare root" might be a touch easier to pull off.

Noelle said...

A complex conjugate is easily achieved by small pieces of paper taped to the front or back of one's shirt and bearing one half of the conjugate.... Did I get that right, Kirk? :)