Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Quote of Wednesday

Look! it's Wednesday again!
But I am tired.
I had a physics exam today. And it went very long. I mean, I needed longer than the hour they gave. But so did most everybody else.

So I do not want to give you a physics equation as a quote for today. But I must still find something. Unfortunately, my roommates have all been under stress, so I have no inspiration from something they have said or written recently.

Too bad, I guess you will all (or none) have to be quoteless today.
Perhaps I shall find something interesting tomorrow.
Then it will be the Quote of Thursday Which Ought to Have Been On Wednesday.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

"A quotation at the right moment is like bread in a famine." - The Talmud

So, perhaps this wasn't the day it was needed. Or, unlike me, you're opposed to just going out and finding something random on the Internet. Either way, we'll look forward to the return of the quotation muse.

Homemanager said...

Kirk,
Hope you are feeling less "brain-fried" today. Will be praying for all the stressed out roomies at the "duck". :-)

Stress is interesting. It can pull us and tug at us and wear us down until we feel overloaded. (Vanity, vanity, all is vanity!)

Yet, sometimes stress pushes us forward and molds our thoughts toward what is good and productive.
The difference, I think, is whether there is grace being poured out over what is being done or not...

Here's a quote for you:
"It is often desired to free a house entirely of these insects. The best and most effective way to do this is to fumigate the rooms with some substance which will either stupefy or kill them."
- from "Insects: Injurious to the Household and Annoying to Man."
There you go! It's a quote and it is most...hmmm...informative as well! :-D

I especially would like to see what a "stupefied" bug will look like, don't you?