Thursday, December 04, 2008

Still confused

That was the strangest call I have ever had.
Actually, it began with a text message saying I needed to bring Pablo to our end-of-semester dance that our campus Christian group is holding this Saturday.
So I called the sender who disclaimed any sending of aforementioned message.
Instead, he put me in contact with some foreigner who was quite insistent that Pablo must come and he must come dressed up...meaning with a tie. I demurred and pointed out I had no tie with which to clothe him with. The strange foreigner said a tie could be provided. I said I had no means of transporting Pablo to the dance. The strange foreigner said a car could be provided. All I had to do was get Pablo to come and I would be given 2 million non-sequential dollars. I agreed that if I got permission from the owner of Pablo, he would certainly be there if I had anything to do with it.


And with that the strange foreigner wished me a goodnight and hung up.



Oh, and if you are wondering who on earth Pablo is, he is one of those funny round chef statuettes but rather tall. And he lives in the kitchen of our next-door neighbors (also members of our Christian group).

1 comment:

Carla said...

Two million non-sequential dollars? I think you've missed out on a great opportunity.